BBC Currently Afloat

Paul@CW

Featured Posts

The BBC are currently afloat and will be filming pieces for several slots on their working lunch programme.

They are travelling from Stone to Preston Brook and interviewing several people along the way.

How do I know this I don't hear you cry. Well I've just got home (to London) from moving the boat to Stone for them to get onboard. Three days free holiday and I got paid for it as well :) Certainly beats proper work !

If you see them about on Beeston Castle over the next few days give my father a wave. He'll be the poor old sod on the back turning all "media" darling :D

The BBC are currently afloat and will be filming pieces for several slots on their working lunch programme.

They are travelling from Stone to Preston Brook and interviewing several people along the way.

33908[/snapback]

Hi Paul

Are they going to put the pieces out this week? If not, can you let us know when please?

TIA

John

How do I know this I don't hear you cry. Well I've just got home (to London) from moving the boat to Stone for them to get onboard. Three days free holiday and I got paid for it as well  :)  Certainly beats proper work !

If you see them about on Beeston Castle over the next few days give my father a wave. He'll be the poor old sod on the back turning all "media" darling  :D

33908[/snapback]

Have you actually received the payment yet Paul, or have they just promised payment? I am still waiting for the BBC to pay me for use of our boat and for my small bit part filmed at Stoke Bruerne in 1969 in the Flower of Gloucester children's series (anyone remember that?) I actually featured in three episodes but two appearance were not by arragement, and were coincidental to the main story. But the first appearance was by arrangement along with three other members of our crew. Filming took up most of the afternoon for a one minute scene, and none of us have ever received the payment promised.

Have you actually received the payment yet Paul, or have they just promised payment?

Claymoore paid me David, not the BBC. I was just a simple steerer and lock wheeler taking the boat to Stone. It was a tough job but someone had to do it :)

Are they going to put the pieces out this week? If not, can you let us know when please?

I'll be hearing from my Dad within the next few days so hopefully he will have found out when its going out.

I don't think it can be a live broadcast or nearly live as there is no outside broadcast type equipment (not that I know much about these things) with them and no plans to drop any tapes off with anyone. There's an editor, sound man, director and two camera crew.

I'll keep you posted when I get updated with info.

God - I watched yesterday's Working Lunch ( with that surreal background of sharks and rippling water!) for an hour, in the hope of glimpsing a canal.

It was incredibly dull TV. Not so much the content (though tracking the vagaries of greed and consumption don't interest me much), but the clunking presentation!