dodgy electrics

drtbile

Featured Posts

hello everyone,ive spent the last 2 days going from reading to oxford in my narrowboat and am having trouble charging my batteries.can any of you usefull people recommend an electrician in the oxford area.im off to find somewhere to charge my phone now as thats died aswell,but at least its stopped raining.

thanks

david

hello everyone,ive spent the last 2 days going from reading to oxford in my narrowboat and am having trouble charging my batteries.can any of you usefull people recommend an electrician in the oxford area.im off to find somewhere to charge my phone now as thats died aswell,but at least its stopped raining.

thanks

david

It might be worth phoning Dave Reynolds on 07831 195337. He operates at the other end of the Oxford Canal at Blue Lias marina but he may well have knowledge of a more local guy.

Roger

thanks

david

I have just come across this post and I suspect this is the boat discussed on Forum in the summer. If this is so I suspect your engine battery is fine and its the domestic ones that are not and it is all to do with the silly 10 amp 12 to 24 volt "inverter" thing.

If I am right you need to look back at the summer thread and read what Sir Nibble said about 12-24 volt charging systems. I think you need a 24 volt alternator connected to the domestic bank with the engine bank charged via a 24 to 12v dropper controlled by a relay.

I never was happy with that system as I was unable to test it and suspected inadequate domestic bank charging capabilities.