Petter AC1 genny part?

skidz

Featured Posts

I Have a Petter AC1 no 61311 6hp 3000 rpm..

well i need the magneto? replaced

as it was plugged into a welder i was told it needed to be rewind?

Any info on a replacement or advice on what to do with this motor?

Im in Tamworth/midlands uk so if theres somewhere to repair it local or to pick up parts??

Many thanks

Skidz

I Have a Petter AC1 no 61311 6hp 3000 rpm..

well i need the magneto? replaced

as it was plugged into a welder i was told it needed to be rewind?

Any info on a replacement or advice on what to do with this motor?

Im in Tamworth/midlands uk so if theres somewhere to repair it local or to pick up parts??

Many thanks

Skidz

The AC1 is a diesel. It doesn't have a magneto. It may have a starter motor, if it does it probably doesn't have a dynamo/alternator as the genny usually charges the starting battery. If your starter is banjaxed take it to any good automotive electrician. I think Sir Nibble may be in your area? Otherwise....

Try talking to Marine Engine Services at Uxbridge. I have no connection with them except that they provided me with bist for my AC1 powered genny but Baldock who posts on her is associated with them.

N

I think you missunderstood?

the engine still runs but its the part that connects to the engine to make the power thats fried,

i was told it needs rewinding and that its not worth rewinding and i should replace it!

It may not be a magneto but its same type of thing like a big lectric motor, il upload pic's tomorrrow showing what i mean.

Thanks for the reply

Skidz

Edited by skidz

You need to look for a firm that supplies replacement 240/110 alternators as well as complete gensets.I wonder if your set is the same as my two. They origionally had AC1 Petter engines with 4KW Markon alternators delivering either 240v or 110v.[blue socket or yellow socket].They were hand start and I couldnt start them but then Boris came by 2 electric start Petter AD engines so problem solved.

I looked in the phone book for a local firm we have bought spare brushes for an older set from but cant find them so can only sadly assume they have closed.Anyway if you trawl through the phone book and find a firm dealing in gennys then you should get on the track of a replacement but before you spend consider wether the engine is worth it.Spares are still available and they seem to be good robust engines if a little noisy.So if your engine is basically in good nick and you dont have any problems starting it dont be in a hurry to scrap it.I have seen these driving a big 12v alternator with a suitable pulley and belt arrangement to make a battery charging set.If it was your engine that had died I could help you.

Please post a photo I would like to see it and give us an idea of roughly where you are in the midlands.I will have to be finding another firm who can supply as our old favorite seems to have gone.Pity as they did rewinds as well.