that stratford lock aproach again grrrrrrrr

denboy

Featured Posts

There was a thread about the diabolical approach for the lock into Bancroft basin from the avon (searched but cant find it) any ways it aint any better now,as well as having no decent mooring point to get off and work the lock from the avon for those who haven`t been this way there is now an extra obstical that wasn`t there the last time i was here a floating ice cream parlour,the river is a gentle stream at the minute but when theres a bit of flow comming down i can see a "insurance claim " in the making

stratfordlock002.jpg

The ice cream parlour does appear to have mooring cleats on the back of it though, in the absence of any better solution why not just use them to tie up while setting the lock. :lol: Though I noticed while I was moored in the basin in the summer that they 'anchor' the ice cream parlour a few feet offshore when not in use so you may need your plank too.

Chris