Eco-balls for your washing machine

anne

Featured Posts

none say small amounts ie household use is a major problem

31540[/snapback]

Very true,

as with all things it's the accumlative effect that needs to be considered.

What may be fine now tends to turn round and bite your bum if you're not careful.

A few years ago on the annual BCN run there was a terrible kill of fish when boats went up a previously little used arm.

Prior to this the water had been clear and fish could be seen swimming about in the water - unfortunately, so many boats used the arm to clock up points the 'mud', that turned out to be mostly industrial waste was so badly stirred up it poisioned the fish.

Now, I'm not blaming the boaters - they weren't to know, I'm not sure we can blame our ancestors who polluted the cut in the first place - they weren't to know.

However, we do know the dangers of pollution and any little thing we can do to to help has to be worth while.

Another poster suggested diverting 'grey water' into a holding tank, I can't find the reference but I do remember reading somewhere that a requirement to do exactly that is under discussion and it is mandatory in some european countries, Holland I believe is one.

Len

:lol: Hi everyone.

Has anyone out there tried using 'eco-balls' as an alternative to washing powder? Anne

31296[/snapback]

This may help http://www.thegreenblue.org.uk/triedandtested/index.asp

And for the other discussion on the availability of ecover products, in my home patch all the major supermarket names stock some Ecover products and some health food shops have wider product ranges.

Regards

Rob