Any Idea??

Tootles

Featured Posts

Does anyone know the approximate weight of an unladen (Leeds Liverpool) steel short boat, complete with engine??? A friend of mine is working out the crane lift capacity on a boat he's considering buying.

Ta,

Dave.

Does anyone know the approximate weight of an unladen (Leeds Liverpool) steel short boat, complete with engine??? A friend of mine is working out the crane lift capacity on a boat he's considering buying.

Ta,

Dave.

Try Ian at Pennine Cruisers, he's got one that he had built. www.penninecruisers.co.uk

Tootles

It is not only the weight of the boat that is important but the 'reach' of the crane.

For example lifting a 20 tonne boat very near the crane then porbably a 25 tonne crane will suffice but if it is required to 'reach' out across a distance to put the boat in the water then possibly a 100/200 tonne crane is required.

These are not actual figures, just to make you aware if not already. :lol:

Ta,

Dave.

I would have thought 20 to 25 tons, dependent on what is inside the boat, especially water in the bilges. They are not that much heavier than a narrow boat, you just have to consider the extra bottom width, as do people who need to go on a diet.