central heating pump

Featured Posts

i have a brunel with a back boiler. it has a thermostat and small pump. I tested the pump and was surprised to find it consumed 650 milliamps ? It is also a bit noisy. Is there a quieter pump out there which takes less current. Think its a Jabsco.

i have a brunel with a back boiler. it has a thermostat and small pump. I tested the pump and was surprised to find it consumed 650 milliamps ? It is also a bit noisy. Is there a quieter pump out there which takes less current. Think its a Jabsco.

I would be tempted to scrap the thermostat and pump and let the water circulate naturally. Depending on your system, that may require a few small modifications but it will be a lot less hassle - especially when you are trying to sleep . . .

I dont think you will find a suitable pump that will use lower amps than that, we had the same problem with noise and thought about slowing the pump down using various methods suggested by members. Although it worked to a certain degree, it was found moving the pump to a different location was the best option.

I know .65A is low but not sure how long pump runs in a 24 hour period ? As pointed the noise will be amplified at night when trying to sleep. The pipes are 25 mm to 3 rads . Boat is only 39 ft long. Should be warm in winter [i hope]