1st narrowboat holiday in September

bumpygirl

Featured Posts

MJG, alas I was being a little flippant, a tendency to which I can be prone.

My serious point was that buying a serviceable boat which you can enjoy need not involve the kind of money more often associated with premier league footballers' weekly wages. For example, a few weeks ago Mrs. Athy and I looked at a clean, well-maintained 36-footer which would sleep 4, which sold for £10,000. If you want more space than that, one make which tends to offer a good space-per-£ ratio is Harborough Marine, often ex-hire boats. Have a look on the Apollo Duck web site: you'll find some VERY SILLY prices but also some bargains.

Of course and I wasn't having a pop in case you thought that, just keen that people get a rounded view. Everything in your post is correct too,

Cheers,

What a very sensible post!

I would add that one of the matters that needs to be addressed is whether the nitty gritty of domestic chores on a boat is something that you are going to be happy with. Emptying the PortaPotti or Pump out being the main thing that is different from life on the bank.

Jan tells me I'll be fine with this :lol:

But a valid point luckily we caravanned for 25 years up until about 5 years ago so I am OK with the thought of this, though not everybody might be of course.