Liverpool Boats

Featured Posts

When liverpool Boats stopped trading where did all the paper records/technical boat files go?

I know that Collingwood Boats are now building but I don't think they took on the files (I did ring them recently and they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about!!)

Any ideas folks?

Following a long thread discussing what was going on at LB last year, this post was made by a new member on April 1st (?) this year.

QUOTE (alan1 @ Apr 1 2009, 03:58 PM) *

I am the managing director of Liverpool Boat Co Ltd and Collingwood Boat Builders Ltd. It has been brought to my attention the discussions taking place on this forum about two of my companies. To all whom it may concern Liverpool Boat Co Ltd has simply been mothballed for a number of reasons, none of which I wish to disclose. I would like to assure every one on the forum that no customers or suppliers have lost any money due to Liverpool Boat Co Ltd's business activities and in fact the phones for Liverpool Boat Co Ltd were left on for 12 months to take care of any outstanding issues.

This would suggest that Alan who was/is a director of both companies should be able to answer your questions via Colingwood Boats.

Here is a link to the whole thread LB discussion link

Roger

Following a long thread discussing what was going on at LB last year, this post was made by a new member on April 1st (?) this year.

QUOTE (alan1 @ Apr 1 2009, 03:58 PM) *

I am the managing director of Liverpool Boat Co Ltd and Collingwood Boat Builders Ltd. It has been brought to my attention the discussions taking place on this forum about two of my companies. To all whom it may concern Liverpool Boat Co Ltd has simply been mothballed for a number of reasons, none of which I wish to disclose. I would like to assure every one on the forum that no customers or suppliers have lost any money due to Liverpool Boat Co Ltd's business activities and in fact the phones for Liverpool Boat Co Ltd were left on for 12 months to take care of any outstanding issues.

This would suggest that Alan who was/is a director of both companies should be able to answer your questions via Colingwood Boats.

Here is a link to the whole thread LB discussion link

Roger

Many Thanks for that.

• 3 months later...

Hello to all

I am still confused as to what the verdict was on Liverpool Boats / Colingwood Boats

I am about to buy a narrowboat with the intention of liveaboard and this boat has been described as @A good boat@ its not one of the old liverpool boats but on of the new colingwood, all the problems sorrounding the company have been sorted and you will have no problems with this ???

As this will be my first boat purchase can anyone set me straight, 'Leave liverpool / colingwood boats well alone' Or have the problems been sorted and can I buy with confidence.......

Hello to all

I am still confused as to what the verdict was on Liverpool Boats / Colingwood Boats

I am about to buy a narrowboat with the intention of liveaboard and this boat has been described as @A good boat@ its not one of the old liverpool boats but on of the new colingwood, all the problems sorrounding the company have been sorted and you will have no problems with this ???

As this will be my first boat purchase can anyone set me straight, 'Leave liverpool / colingwood boats well alone' Or have the problems been sorted and can I buy with confidence.......

What problems? Problems with the product or with the company's lack of communication?

AFAIK, Liverpool Boats (and by association, Collingwood Boats) are fit-for-purpose products aimed at the mass market.

Any problems were probably statistically no more (probably less) frequent than with smaller builders.

I ask myself, 'which car would do better higher in reliability statsistics, TVR or Ford?' It's a no brainer.