Erewash Canal

Speedwell

Featured Posts

Does anybody know how safe it is to moor just north of Sandiacre, near Pasture lock ? From the map, it looks to be open country and we would like to visit Sandiacre church during our summer cruise.

Arthur

Does anybody know how safe it is to moor just north of Sandiacre, near Pasture lock ? From the map, it looks to be open country and we would like to visit Sandiacre church during our summer cruise.

Arthur

Hi Speedwell,

I wouldn't reccomend staying near pasture lock, it is a favourite haunt for the local teenagers. especially when the weather is warmer! Padmore moorings are in the centre of sandiacre, they are next to a road but prob. the best bet. either there or there used to be a pub in sadicare with offside moorings!

Hope this helps,

Regards

Hi Speedwell,

I wouldn't reccomend staying near pasture lock, it is a favourite haunt for the local teenagers. especially when the weather is warmer! Padmore moorings are in the centre of sandiacre, they are next to a road but prob. the best bet. either there or there used to be a pub in sadicare with offside moorings!

Hope this helps,

Regards

I agree although I've never actually seen any bother there. The pub referred to is the Plough, about 50 yards past Padmore Moorings.

We stayed in Sandiacre last week overnight , with no problems , hope to again tomorrow night . Progress came to a bit of a halt this morning , as a joke of a boater left , Langley Mill , before 6 am , leaving gates and paddles open, hence low water.