Sink Wastes

Featured Posts

Applogyes ofcause if this has been covered before.

Im trying to rush this job through before the boat leaves the marina for the season in between myown weeks holiday and geting a load of coursework done.

The current sink is a horrable plastic pig but it has a very nice little 1" dia waste setup, which goes through a sharp bend and straight out through a 1" brass skin fitting. Job done.

- However the new ceramic sink (link below) ofcause has a conventional size waste and some how that needs to go into a 1" skin fitting.

- My best thorught is then below un-sloted waste outlet, screw it upto the basin, having cut off the excess pipe lenght, then i need something that will screw onto the remaining 1 1/2" thread inplace of a standard ubend and give me somthing to stick a 1" flex hose onto?

Is somthing like this aviable off the shelf? Ive drawn a blank trying to make anything of midland swindlers website.

Sink

http://www.thebluebook.co.uk/static/6_5_4H...p;digits=6:5:4H

Drain

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Basin...sin_Wastes.html

Daniel

One screw on / solvent weld 90deg elbow and a bit off pipe from B&Q, job done.

Err, not listed on B&Q's site, but I bought one a few weeks ago.

More edit: If your skin fitting is threaded, get a 1.25in to 1in reducer which means you can also use the straight version if the item above.

Edited by ThePiglet

Applogyes ofcause if this has been covered before.

Im trying to rush this job through before the boat leaves the marina for the season in between myown weeks holiday and geting a load of coursework done.

The current sink is a horrable plastic pig but it has a very nice little 1" dia waste setup, which goes through a sharp bend and straight out through a 1" brass skin fitting. Job done.

- However the new ceramic sink (link below) ofcause has a conventional size waste and some how that needs to go into a 1" skin fitting.

- My best thorught is then below un-sloted waste outlet, screw it upto the basin, having cut off the excess pipe lenght, then i need something that will screw onto the remaining 1 1/2" thread inplace of a standard ubend and give me somthing to stick a 1" flex hose onto?

Is somthing like this aviable off the shelf? Ive drawn a blank trying to make anything of midland swindlers website.

Sink

http://www.thebluebook.co.uk/static/6_5_4H...p;digits=6:5:4H

Drain

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Basin...sin_Wastes.html

Daniel

I struggled with this one too Daniel. I went to a guy who sold fittings for Koi fish pond filtration systems and the like, and explained my plight. He produced some weird fittings that I had never seen before, but allowed me to join the 1 1/4 inch waste pipe to the threaded skin fitting, and at a very reasonable price. I can't remember the exact details of the fittings, but they were quite simple, if unusual. I do remember that boiling water was required to make one fitting join another.

If its a ceramic basin you should be able to put an 1¼"basin waste on it, 1½" is the size for a kitchen sink. A few tears back you could buy a brass basin waste with 1" tail but you would struggle to find one now unless you know a really old established builders/plumbers merchant where the staff still wear brown warehouse coats and call you 'Sir'

Mike

If its a ceramic basin you should be able to put an 1¼"basin waste on it, 1½" is the size for a kitchen sink. A few tears back you could buy a brass basin waste with 1" tail but you would struggle to find one now unless you know a really old established builders/plumbers merchant where the staff still wear brown warehouse coats and call you 'Sir'

Mike

Midland swindlers delivered one of those tails to me last week... I was plastic tho, I'm at home and searched it at work, however look for "SINK WASTE" and I think you'll bag an adaptor.

Otherwise BES is worth a google

I do miss being called Sir in our local DIY shop. Sign of the times eh!

But no, sounds like some good leads to chase tomorrow. You may be right about it being 1 1/4" not 1 1/2" too.

Daniel

I do miss being called Sir in our local DIY shop. Sign of the times eh!

Daniel

I was helping out at a friend's stall a couple of years back and being of a certain generation, I addressed all customers as Sir, Ma'am, Miss, etc. I found it wasn't universally accepted with good grace. One guy got quite aggressive and asked me if I thought I was being funny? - You can't win!

Tony.