Shurflo Pump Servicing

Featured Posts

The Shurflo 2088/2093 pump on my boat has started to leak from the joint between the upper and lower housings. This is caused by the gradual degeneration of the rubberised plastic diaphragm and seems to occur about every five to six years.

Repair and replacement is quite a straightforward process, taking about half an hour once the pump is on the bench, but it seems that one can only purchase the entire lower housing which incorporates the diaphragm at a cost of £27 or so, rather than just the diaphragm on it's own.

I am certain that the diaphragm used to be available separately but theShurflo website does not list it on it's own. Does anyone know whether it is available as a separate spare, and if so can they point me in the correct direction? for your information it is part 4 on this diagram http://www.shurflo.com/pages/Marine/marine...d12_repair.html

Edited by David Schweizer

I had to replace our pump in a hurry last year so I never actually bought the replacement parts but I think the attached links might do what you're looking for.

http://home2.btconnect.com/Williamson-Pump...shurflospec.pdf

http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/product.php?cat=105

I'd be interested to know how much the parts are as I've got the old one here to repair.

Mike

The Shurflo 2088/2093 pump on my boat has started to leak from the joint between the upper and lower housings. This is caused by the gradual degeneration of the rubberised plastic diaphragm and seems to occur about every five to six years.

Repair and replacement is quite a straightforward process, taking about half an hour once the pump is on the bench, but it seems that one can only purchase the entire lower housing which incorporates the diaphragm at a cost of £27 or so, rather than just the diaphragm on it's own.

I am certain that the diaphragm used to be available separately but theShurflo website does not list it on it's own. Does anyone know whether it is available as a separate spare, and if so can they point me in the correct direction?

This question arose recently when a friends pump failed.

Enquiries at a chandlers resulted in the news that Shurflo have now stopped supplying parts and only replace the whole pump, so they are stocking Jabsco units that do supply parts.

Many moons ago I found that Munster Simms in Belfast were able to supply complete pumps heads if they were Whale compatible, but I'm not sure whether they still do or if they would be compatible with Shurflo pumps, it probably depends on age?

This question arose recently when a friends pump failed.

Enquiries at a chandlers resulted in the news that Shurflo have now stopped supplying parts and only replace the whole pump, so they are stocking Jabsco units that do supply parts.

Many moons ago I found that Munster Simms in Belfast were able to supply complete pumps heads if they were Whale compatible, but I'm not sure whether they still do or if they would be compatible with Shurflo pumps, it probably depends on age?

The Chandlery was telling Porkies, or their suppliers were. Shurflo still sell three spares kits for the series 2088/2093 pumps.

My local chandlery stocks the kits, and so do Midland Chandlers, but they no longer seem to supply the diapragm as a separate part, instead it is incorpoerated in the lower housing kit which costs £27. the valve kit is abpiut £8.60 and the pressure vaklve kit is about £27.70 If all three need replacing it still costs about £22 less than a new pump.

I had to replace our pump in a hurry last year so I never actually bought the replacement parts but I think the attached links might do what you're looking for.

http://home2.btconnect.com/Williamson-Pump...shurflospec.pdf

http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/product.php?cat=105

I'd be interested to know how much the parts are as I've got the old one here to repair.

Mike

Thanks for the links. I had already found both of thiose but thanks anyway. The prices at the second one are astronomical.

The Chandlery was telling Porkies, or their suppliers were. Shurflo still sell three spares kits for the series 2088/2093 pumps.

My local chandlery stocks the kits, and so do Midland Chandlers, but they no longer seem to supply the diapragm as a separate part, instead it is incorpoerated in the lower housing kit which costs £27. the valve kit is abpiut £8.60 and the pressure vaklve kit is about £27.70 If all three need replacing it still costs about £22 less than a new pump.

Thanks for the links. I had already found both of thiose but thanks anyway. The prices at the second one are astronomical.

It certainly pays to shop around then.

Thanks for info.

Mike

I am certain that the diaphragm used to be available separately but theShurflo website does not list it on it's own. Does anyone know whether it is available as a separate spare, and if so can they point me in the correct direction? for your information it is part 4 on this diagram http://www.shurflo.com/pages/Marine/marine...d12_repair.html

Just thought I would bounce this one, in case anyone else had any information.

Edited by David Schweizer

Just thought I would bounce this one, in case anyone else had any information.

After your original post I've had a look around for a replacement and I've drawn a blank in the UK.

Found what I think is the part in the States and that's it http://www.shopwiki.com/search.jsp?q=Diaph...;p=1&sort=R

By the time carriage is added it'd probably cost more than a lower housing kit that you've already sourced unfortunately.

If you get 'lucky' I'd be interested to know

Mike

After your original post I've had a look around for a replacement and I've drawn a blank in the UK.

Found what I think is the part in the States and that's it http://www.shopwiki.com/search.jsp?q=Diaph...;p=1&sort=R

By the time carriage is added it'd probably cost more than a lower housing kit that you've already sourced unfortunately.

If you get 'lucky' I'd be interested to know

Mike

Very interesting site, some of the prices are only half that charged by the cheapest chandleries over here, and the internal shipping is also very reasonable.

I have two Brothers in Law in the US so could get the spare sent to one of them, and wait until they visit the UK. Unfortunately one of them was over last month, and the other one is coming over next Tuesday, which will probably not give enough time for it to be delivered.

I may contact some of the suppliers to find out what shipping to the UK is, but the problem with that is the minimum Import tax from the US into the UK rather than the postage. I have had this problem in the past, and it depends on the supplier filling in the correct declaration forms in order that we can claim the tax back.

Thanks anyway, I will bookmark the site.