moorings near ellesemere port

umpire

Featured Posts

Some moorings in Ellesmere port are residential. Also some in the Dee arm in Chester. Although whether these are official residential I don't know, but certainly some people "spend a lot of time" on their boats. There are also some linear moorings, non-BW, outside Chester which may have a vacancy.

Some moorings in Ellesmere port are residential. Also some in the Dee arm in Chester. Although whether these are official residential I don't know, but certainly some people "spend a lot of time" on their boats. There are also some linear moorings, non-BW, outside Chester which may have a vacancy.

hi thanks do you know who to contact

cheers paul

hi does anyone know of any resisdential moorings in ellesemere port or chester area getting a bit worried i wont find any now

Hi Paul,

Having hunted high and low over the last few months on this part of the Shroppie (Dee Branch or old Chester canal), I'm afraid you're going to struggle. I know that none of the on-line moorings between Chester and Chas Harden's place at Tiverton have vacancies. The only thing I am aware of at the moment is one for a boat of around 50-55ft to the south west of Chester that's coming up in a few weeks. PM me if you want the details of that.

Other than that, there's the new marina at Tattenhall. I understand that they will be able to take some boats in at Easter but it's pricey and they didn't like residential when I talked to them! I didn't look north of the city or as far up as Ellesmere Port so you may have some luck hunting up there.

Regards,

Colin

Hi

A friend of mine has had winter moorings at the Golden Nook at Waverton and has just been offered a longer stay there as there are a few boats coming out of the water at the next crane rental day. May be worth asking there. Also there are end of a farm on-line moorings in Ellesmere Port last time I looked ( but it was last summer) if you drive down the lane at the back of Rake Hall you will come across the farm or if you walk along the towpath from the back of Chester Zoo you will come across the moorings and there is a phone number on the farm sign.

Hope this helps

Jane