Stourbridge calan

Smelly

Featured Posts

a dickie bird tells me that the Stourbridge has closed again in the region of last year's breach as Morrison's who did the work didn't restore the profile of the canal to it's original and hence it's difficult to moor along the new section which has driven complaints, so they're digging it up again.

i know little more, however it's worth a call to BW before you plan to travel...

stoppages notice...

link

Apparently this has been driven by boater complaints... are we never happy?

a dickie bird tells me that the Stourbridge has closed again in the region of last year's breach as Morrison's who did the work didn't restore the profile of the canal to it's original and hence it's difficult to moor along the new section which has driven complaints, so they're digging it up again.

i know little more, however it's worth a call to BW before you plan to travel...

stoppages notice...

link

Apparently this has been driven by boater complaints... are we never happy?

According to the stoppage notice the closure isn't until the 20th April!

Tim

a dickie bird tells me that the Stourbridge has closed again in the region of last year's breach as Morrison's who did the work didn't restore the profile of the canal to it's original and hence it's difficult to moor along the new section

It would be absolutely impossible to moor along the new section in anything deeper drafted than a canoe.

Fortunately, when we passed through there recently, the water was quite clear over the restored section and you could see rough concrete angling down from just below the waterline at the piling. Quite a shallow angle at that. We would certainly have been risking hull damage if attempting to pass within 8 feet of the side.