eberspacher heating

Featured Posts

I know there has been a lot of post on this but i can't find an answer to my question so far. We've had our (second hand) boat since april and the central heating was fine at first. About 6 weeks ago when we switched it on the pump made an awful noise and we realised there was no water going through. the header tank was empty and when we filled it the water didn't go down so we assumed there was an air lock. We have got a lot of air out of the radiators and have topped up the header tank but the pump still makes the same noise 3 minutes after switching on. Despite looking we can't find a drain plug on the unit itself. Is there one and where is it likely to be? Also yesterday the unit wouldn't start at all. This is the first time this has happened. Is this likely to be a blown fuse or could it have locked itself as the manual advises it might and if so what do I do next?

Eberspacher UK and it's agents tend not to be very helpful on advice preferring to keep a tight grip on the secrets of their product and instead provide a call out based service.

The Canadian arm of the company is a bit more friendly and you can find some technical manuals here http://www.espar.com/htm/tecmans.htm

Hope this helps

Had a similar problems a few months ago. The heater had blown the fuse in the small black box that feeds the eberspacher, dont know why though ?. We had to replace this and then there is a bleed on the eberspacher itself, open this till you get rid of the air from near the unit. Had no problems since - just kept my eye on the header tank :lol:

Eberspacher UK and it's agents tend not to be very helpful on advice preferring to keep a tight grip on the secrets of their product and instead provide a call out based service.

The complete opposite of Alde who I've found to be very helpful on the phone. They also do a servicing/repair service at very reasonable cost.

Now maybe diesel heaters are cheaper to run at the moment, but what will happen when the derogation goes? I know that in theory you can still run heating from 'red' diesel, but will you still be able to get it?

I would think very seriously before fitting a diesel heater, as I think it is very unlikely that the derogation will be renewed.

Edited by dor