3 Mobile Broadband on Windows 2000

murphy

Featured Posts

Just a quick straw pole, I am just wondering if anyone is using the 3 mobile broadband system on Windows 2000. The gumph from 3 says it will work on XP and Vista but as my old laptop runs 2000 I was just wondering as to whether it was a feasable option.

Can anyone help?

Windows 2000 architecture is very similar to Windows XP and will usually work any software/hardware that is designed for XP. Windows Millenium Edition / 98 / 95 however are very different animals and will need their own drivers.

Try it!! You should always be able to upgrade to XP if you really struggle; you'll be amazed how little spec hardware will actually run WinXP despite what Microsoft specify. Incidentally I am a Beta tester for Windows 7 and it appears to function on much less hardware than Vista needs; so there may be further upgrade options for you when it is released as they are doing a 'starter' edition for older PCs.

PS: it's much more stable than Vista was at Beta, and is prettier so you'll like it!!.

Edited by GRPCruiserman