GT Narrowboats

Painter Type

Featured Posts

Hi,

I gather they build boats as well as fit them out?

Any further info, comments on their boats?

I am gutted that I didn't buy Domino, I was umming and aaing meanwhile someone else has put a deposit down!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Ours is a 60' GT boat - 1994 build. I think they built it and fitted it out - not 100% though...

Kay

x

Hi,

I gather they build boats as well as fit them out?

Any further info, comments on their boats?

I am gutted that I didn't buy Domino, I was umming and aaing meanwhile someone else has put a deposit down!!!!!!!!!

:lol: They'll be others that grab you and you'll look back and realise that maybe that's how it was meant to be.

Also with the way things are going you could get more for less if you wait a while.

:lol: Good luck with your search.

John

GT built nice shells. Good steelwork, neat lines.

They never fitted out boats to my knowledge - merely supplied shells. A company called Nimbus Narrowboats fitted out a lot of their shells - decent quality. But it could be anyone. If post June 1998 then the HIN No will help. If it starts GB-RYA in the lettering then it is an amateur self-build.

Edited by Dominic M

:lol: They'll be others that grab you and you'll look back and realise that maybe that's how it was meant to be.

Also with the way things are going you could get more for less if you wait a while.

:lol: Good luck with your search.

John

Thanks, you are right - there are plenty of boats out there!

Hi

Ours is a 60' GT boat - 1994 build. I think they built it and fitted it out - not 100% though...

Kay

x

How come my photo doesn't come up??? Do I need to check a box or something?

Hi

We have had two GT boats, a 50 Ft and 62Ft, we looked for a GT as our 60Ft plus boat after being so pleased with the 50Ft'er. They were a two man builders on an old airfield industrial estate near Stafford but I am pretty sure they have now retire (a couple of years ago), they only built hulls never fitted out. They always had a simple half page b&w advert in Waterways World for years, same advert no fancy promises, just good honest workmanship with nice lines and swam well, for example they fitted a s/steel water tanks as standard long before more fancy name builders did.

david

GT built our tug in 1989. We chose them because they were the only builders, out of seven or eight on our short list, who would build exactly what we wanted at a reasonable price. This included long swims, deep draught and a 20mm bottom. It is perhaps significant that most of the other builders we considered are no longer trading. GT were the only people who didn't ask for money up front. We were a very early order for them and have been thoroughly satisfied with the boat. There was an alignment problem with the skeg but they paid for the work to bee done at Langley mill without quibble. A loss to the industry I think. Regards, HughC.