Boat Jumble Sale

weeble

Featured Posts

I drive by the Wellington Country Park near Reading to every day and today spotted an advert for a Boat Jumble Sale this week-end (Sunday). Having looked it up on the web it appears this is some sort of travelling event.

As it's 40 miles away from home I wonder if anyone can give advice as to what these events are all about -- i.e. what type of goods are "on sale". In a nutshell.... "is it worth a trip?"

Cheers.... mike

see http://www.boatjumbleassociation.co.uk/

I drive by the Wellington Country Park near Reading to every day and today spotted an advert for a Boat Jumble Sale this week-end (Sunday).  Having looked it up on the web it appears this is some sort of travelling event.

As it's 40 miles away from home I wonder if anyone can give advice as to what these events are all about -- i.e. what type of goods are "on sale".  In a nutshell.... "is it worth a trip?"

Cheers.... mike

see http://www.boatjumbleassociation.co.uk/

24719[/snapback]

I've been to the one that they hold at Middlewhich.

Not much bric-a-brac, mostly new stuff and to be honest, I found it quite pricey.

You get the normal kind of stuff.. inboard/outboard engines, rope, mooring pins, windlasses.. but I found it was geared more towards cruisers/sea going boats.

I'd still recommend you go - just to see for yourself, and they might differ from place to place.