Restricted Bits

Oliver

Featured Posts

Looks as if it is so Oliver. I have just logged out and get the same thing. Afraid I didn't notice before because I have the little box ticked to aways remember me and I don't need to log in each time since I also have the cookie saved on my PC.

I think it's a safeguard, otherwise goodness knows what kind of pics and articles for sale might find their way onto the site.

Edited by Bernie

Bernie

I have that little Remember Me box ticked but it makes me log on every time whether I'm on my own computer (which takes dislikes to certain threads and won't let me in), my husband's computer (when I can sneak on to see what is going on in the threads my computer has censored) or my work computer (but that could be because to get onto the internet signals have to go up lines to the North of England, jump across the Channel to our European IT department and then back again).

The view recent threads etc all work, but it always makes me log in.

(As an aside - our wonderful IT department based somewhere in central Europe (where you don't mention The War) decided that we all needed more protection from Spam & viruses. In my office we have never had any Spam problems at all until now - once they turned the Spam protection on we started getting it!!!. :rolleyes: Plus the virus protection is so good, it quarantines e-mails and doesn't tell us it has done it. Last week we managed to upset a major supplier by beratting them for letting someone go off on holiday without sending the data they had promised. Poor chap comes back from hols to find himself in hot water - trouble was he had done it - come in early on the day he went on holiday - but our wonderful new virus software had quarantined the e-mail and then deleted it . And our IT department wonder why they keep getting abuse from the UK. :blink:<_< Rant over, am thinking calming narrowboating thoughts :lol: