Prop Protector

Lee J

Featured Posts

I've got a very simple cutter disc - looks like some flying weapon off a Bruce Lee film. Have only had the blades fouled once, by a large plastic sack. When I unwound the remains it had been pretty well chopped up, but I guess it was just a bit too big for one mouthful..... Once in a while there comes an interesting noise from below the weed hatch and odd 'stuff' appears in the prop wake, but whether it's really doing anything meaningful I'm not sure....

Are those Prop Protector cutting blade thingys a worthwhile investment?

Lee

The prop protector is a really good piece of kit, we have fitted it to many of our builds, 1st hand experience in latter years as we have used a boat fitted with one... they are excellent. Seem all too simple but we have never been stopped by weed , plastic bags etc, inspection down the weed hatch finds only ever the slightest strands of what was once around the prop. We have been stopped by a scooter tyre competely over the prop and a full hospital style blanket ... oh and razor wire!!! :lol:

Quote "Going down the weed hatch is a bit of a 'bum twitcher'!...."

I've heard about these people who use the weed hatch as a toilet to save filling the pump out tank/porta potti.

Edited by Guest