Is there a web site for flood closures?

keble

Featured Posts

I'm trying to find a web site which will tell me if the Avon (Stratford) and Severn are too high for safe travel.

BW's stoppages (here) don't mention any problems - but I know there are on both rivers right now. Maybe the stoppages is not the right term?

Right now my boat is stuck at Stratford after heavy rain last week :lol:

Any help appreciated!

Thanks Chris, I've seen that one but it is for houses, not boats (e.g. Severn is rated as Warning right now but in fact it's closed to boats)

I can tell you from looking out the window that the Avon at Stratford is running very high and fast. We were on flood-warning till yesterday when it was downgraded to caution. However there's more rain forecast so I'd be surprised if it doesn't get worse again over the next couple of days.

I'm trying to find a web site which will tell me if the Avon (Stratford) and Severn are too high for safe travel.

BW's stoppages (here) don't mention any problems - but I know there are on both rivers right now. Maybe the stoppages is not the right term?

Right now my boat is stuck at Stratford after heavy rain last week :lol:

Any help appreciated!

Not sure about web sites but I find that ringing the apprpriate lock keepers/office will find you the most accurate and up to date information

Office & Lock keepers telephone numbers for the Severn & Lower & Upper Warwickshire Avon are on page 15 of the BW River Severn Guide:

http://www.waterscape.com/media/documents/20401

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis