Red diesel

GUMPY

Featured Posts

A 2CV derives it's "heater" heat from the exhaust manifold via heat exchangers, using up the heat that is normally wasted in modern cars, there's no water cooling system, just oil, and the heat from the oil cooler (like a radiator) is also sent through the heater, so as far as I see it, modern "efficiency" is a complete waste of time and money... :lol:

Its just that starting a 2CV in the depths of Winter can be a but of an adventure - we used to warm our up with the hair dryer when it was really cold . . . :lol:

Having spent an amusing hour or so reading all your informed comments yesterday, I made a quick 'phone call to Shell Uk. Yes, they would be prepared to sell me red diesel by the 45 gallon barrel, at the non-boating price, for my generator. And yes, they will give me the free use of a drum fitting 'hurdy gurdy' pump, and yes, they will load the full drum on my trailer for me.

Problem solved. If I dont make a declaration, I cant lie.

Do I feel guilty??

No!! :lol: