ADVICE

OGGDOG

Featured Posts

Hi all, i am planning a canal holiday soon and am undecided as to whom i should choose, the 2 choices are Viking from rugby and Alvcechurch from Gayton

and ideas

Presumably you have seen what these firms have to offer in terms of boats, routes and prices? If you can't make a decision based on this information let us know what other factors you want to take into account and I'm sure someone will be along soon to assist.

Presumably you have seen what these firms have to offer in terms of boats, routes and prices? If you can't make a decision based on this information let us know what other factors you want to take into account and I'm sure someone will be along soon to assist.

My deceisions are from the following

1. we are using tesco clubcard vouchers

2.Gayton are £300 more expensive but are 5 start boats

3.i have never had a sem trad which operate from gayton, cruise from viking boats

4. the trip, well not alot in it, i plan to go up the ashby and back to whatever boat yard i pick

5. i think the alvechurch boats look more classy than Vikingbut not sure

I'll try to help!

1. we are using tesco clubcard vouchers

Sorry, I don't shop at Tesco so I don't understand the significance of this

2.Gayton are £300 more expensive but are 5 start boats

Only you can judge whether the extra is worth it. (BTW What's a "5 start boat"?

.i have never had a sem trad which operate from gayton, cruise from viking boats

Neither have I, so can't help you there.

4. the trip, well not alot in it, i plan to go up the ashby and back to whatever boat yard i pick

OK, Let's put that to one side.

5. i think the alvechurch boats look more classy than Vikingbut not sure

Looks like that's your answer then!

1. we are using tesco clubcard vouchers Irrelevant unless one does not accept them.

2.Gayton are £300 more expensive but are 5 start boats Alvechurch have 5 star boats (not necessarily at Gayton) the star rating really only applies to the amount of equipment the boat has, DVD player colour TV, toaster, coffee maker etc. The basic boat will be the same.

3.i have never had a sem trad which operate from Gayton, cruise from viking boats Semi-trad is a cruiser with sides.

4. the trip, well not alot in it, i plan to go up the ashby and back to whatever boat yard i pick Again irrelevant unless you want to go to a certain destination.

5. i think the alvechurch boats look more classy than Vikingbut not sure I agree but am biased as only ever hired from Alvchurch

Whatever you decide, have a great holiday. :)

Alvechurch and Viking are both part of the ABC leisure Group, so you're simply deciding between two arms of the same company. I wouldn't choose either, I'd pick one of the smaller family run companies, when we hired they always gave the best service and the boats were usually better.

Whatever you decide to do have a good holiday and I hope the sun shines.

:)

Ken

Alvechurch and Viking are both part of the ABC leisure Group, so you're simply deciding between two arms of the same company. I wouldn't choose either, I'd pick one of the smaller family run companies, when we hired they always gave the best service and the boats were usually better.

Whatever you decide to do have a good holiday and I hope the sun shines.

:)

Ken

Thanks for advice

Regarding club card vouchers we have saved up over £200 worth which is worth £800 if we use either Viking or Alvechurch so this the reason for these 2 otherwise i would choose a smaller and better boat yard