Butty on ebay?!

Kristian

Featured Posts

This is Meteor. We sold her to the present vendors in 2006.Without I might add that conversion. Regards, HughC.

on a side note, its nice to see a butty with a tasteful conversion that doesn't stand out........................then again! think i preferred it as a camping boat!

We certainly got Meteor well and truly stuck at Hurleston and ended up with her suspended half way up

What was scarier, meteor half way up or torpedo-ing out of the lock with a bunch of fresh hirers coming through the bridge hole chester bound with the fear of god on their faces!!!!

Conversions are removable Meteor has had at least one other the last remains of which we cut away whilst fitting facsimile steel gunnels. Regards, HughC.

i wish i had the money to buy it and put it back, i think conversions can be tastefully redone, and quite clever. however, and unfortunately, too many working boats seem to be being chopped around and converted as the ever increasing house prices creep ever higher and force 1st time buyers off the property ladder, and onto the cut, as the space in a converted town class probably equates to the same amount of space as a modern london flat but a third of the price, financially this is viable, but i feel it isn't just as simple as "Bunging a cabin on the hold", care has to be taken to ensure that history is maintained with these boats, rather than being swallowed up into suburbia and covered in tubs of french marigolds!

Edited by stagedamager