Salters Lode

Brummage

Featured Posts

The fitting of the new lock gates has apparently been postponed. However, the lock is still closed

due to silting of the river on the tidal side. The EA is apparently scheduled to dredge the channel around the middle of March 2008 so it will hopefully be okay for the Easter weekend.

How long has it been closed? Could I ask for a refund on my license?

The staff at the locks are brill - its a shame our travelling is limited purely because the silt build-up and because regular dredging does not take place.

We managed to come through Salters Lode at Christmas - very. very scary!!!!

How long has it been closed? Could I ask for a refund on my license?

The staff at the locks are brill - its a shame our travelling is limited purely because the silt build-up and because regular dredging does not take place.

We managed to come through Salters Lode at Christmas - very. very scary!!!!

I'm not sure how long it's been closed because of silting. I, and many others I presume, were labouring under the misapprehension that it was closed until 9th March for the new gate fitting, but having spoken to the lockeeper this morning, he told me about the postponement, and then said the lock is closed at the moment anyway because of silting!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure how long it's been closed because of silting. I, and many others I presume, were labouring under the misapprehension that it was closed until 9th March for the new gate fitting, but having spoken to the lockeeper this morning, he told me about the postponement, and then said the lock is closed at the moment anyway because of silting!!!

Spoke to the Locky earlier today. He said that the EA were there at that exact moment dregding out the silt bar in the tidal Ouse and that naviagtion over the weekend would be A ok.

Aren't I just a mine of useful info today :o