Lister JP2

Featured Posts

Hello

Any members have a lister JP2 installed or know of somebody that has.

I am interested in viewing a completed installation or maybe a few as part of my planning before I start the long process of my next build.

I want to gather as much information as possible on layout, services, propping, alternative drive solutions, possible alternator etc

Cheers

Pinkatpole

Hi Pinkatpole,

I have a 1959 Lister blackstone JPM3 installed in a centre engine room on a 45 ft NB. The engine is probably the same as yours but with an extra cyclinder.

I have put a photo on my album in my profile.

Good sites to look at are oldmarineengine.com (old boats and engines) another is oldengine.org, here you will find links to pages by Peter FORBES who is a collector of old engine stuff and has pages on listers.

The only bit you cant see in my photo is the alternator driven by a drive belt around the fly wheel, inside the cage off to the right.

The gearbox is a 1:1. 1 forward and reverse. I dont know the size of the prop but would appear to be a bit big as it was intended for use on the Thames.

Controls are by remote gear wheel via pulleys and wires. a bit dodgy and giving me some control problems at the moment -reviewing this one.

I`ll take and post some more photos at the weekend.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ianbruce

Thanks Ian

The alternator drive belt configuration may be useful.

Have all the informaton from both sites.

Look forward to seeing further photos

Pinkatpole

Hi.

Photo album updated - the alternator is bolted to a bracket with the usual car style fittings. this in turn is bolted to the Starter motor houseing.

The control cupboard holds the gravity feed day tank (fed by pump from main tank ) Water expansion tank and in the bottom the oil tank.

Cooling is by pipes along the hull.

hope this helps

cheers

Ian