Historic boats at Ellesmere Port

stort_mark

Featured Posts

I see fairly frequent mention - in different contexts - of the parlous state of a number of boats at the NWM at Ellesmere Port, but does anyone have a list or more information on them?

I understand from another thread that an audit has been done (or is being done). In any crisis these days, it is essential that the first thing to do is call in the auditors. As Churchill famously said "We shall audit them on the beaches" and "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to auditors".

So....in the absence of real information from official sources...best to ask the towpath internet....

I see fairly frequent mention - in different contexts - of the parlous state of a number of boats at the NWM at Ellesmere Port, but does anyone have a list or more information on them?

I understand from another thread that an audit has been done (or is being done). In any crisis these days, it is essential that the first thing to do is call in the auditors. As Churchill famously said "We shall audit them on the beaches" and "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to auditors".

So....in the absence of real information from official sources...best to ask the towpath internet....

Apparently "at least 20" of the 80 odd "national collection" are to be "saved". I guess that means they'll either weigh in, burn or give away the rest.