Waterways Art

Boater

Featured Posts

There are a great many artists who use the waterways as their inspiration for their work. Would "waterways art" be a great topic for the forum.

It could be used to exchange ideas, techniques, problem solving and a host of other valuable art related services.

The forum could encompass the whole waterways art scene from painting to photography to sculpture in fact anything form related to waterways art.

Any comments???

Ta

Boater

Edited by Boater

There are a great many artists who use the waterways as their inspiration for their work. Would "waterways art" be a great topic for the forum.

It could be used to exchange ideas, techniques, problem solving and a host of other valuable art related services.

The forum could encompass the whole waterways art scene from painting to photography to sculpture in fact anything form related to waterways art.

Any comments???

Ta

Boater

:)

I think it is a great idea, my partner and I are planning on continuous cruising - starting later this year and I thought it would be a good idea to take up a hobby. When we went to the IWA last year I took a painting class in 'Painting Rose' and really enjoyed it. I have now purchased the book and the paints and have started practising, Paul has said if I get good enough I can paint the inside of the doors on the boat, I have got a long way to go before this though. Having a topic on the forum to cover technique, problem solving and advise would be invaluable to a novice like me.

Welcome tot he forum.

Well yes maybe a good idea.. already been down on other forums though.. and we all want to keep our unqiue selling points....

have a look around the net.. you will see what I mean :clapping:

:clapping:

I think it is a great idea, my partner and I are planning on continuous cruising - starting later this year and I thought it would be a good idea to take up a hobby. When we went to the IWA last year I took a painting class in 'Painting Rose' and really enjoyed it. I have now purchased the book and the paints and have started practising, Paul has said if I get good enough I can paint the inside of the doors on the boat, I have got a long way to go before this though. Having a topic on the forum to cover technique, problem solving and advise would be invaluable to a novice like me.

This sounds just like me five years ago. I bought the book, and if its the same it surgested using humbol paints. They really are not good enough. After talking to artists Id met and a chap at elesmere museum (didn,t get his name) but he took me to his workshop and showed me how to paint a rose and gave me one of his practice boards. He said to go to Wright of Lym and get materials from them. I did so and they gave a lot better result than struggling with humbrol. I can turn out quite a reasonable spray of roses now but took a time to find my own style. Am now having a go at sign writing. Good luck.