12v Fairy Lights

nb maggie

Featured Posts

I need to 'light up' my boat for the Leeds Liverpool waterway festival at the end of the month and was hoping to get some low voltage fairy lights. All I can find at the moment are patio lights which are way too expensive as I wanted to get a few sets. Anyone know of where I can get a few sets.

I need to 'light up' my boat for the Leeds Liverpool waterway festival at the end of the month and was hoping to get some low voltage fairy lights. All I can find at the moment are patio lights which are way too expensive as I wanted to get a few sets. Anyone know of where I can get a few sets.

have you tried woolworths, makro, pound stretcher, or QVCUK.com if all else fails

http://www.qvcuk.com

Edited by steveh

surely everybody keeps their Xmas lights in the attic ready for next year? many people have exterior lights that would be suitable.

ask around locally? offer to replace them when Xmas comes around.

............ by the way, where do you find 12volt fairies ? :closedeyes:

Edited by chris polley

surely everybody keeps their Xmas lights in the attic ready for next year?  many people have exterior lights that would be suitable.

ask around locally?  offer to replace them when Xmas comes around.

............ by the way, where do you find 12volt fairies ?  :closedeyes:

in a 12volt bar? :P

NB Maggi

Can you use light ropes if so have a look here.www.litewave.co.uk/index.htm

Have you thought of trying ebay they seem to sell almost anything!

Had a quick look for you, theres not a huge lot, but there are 5/6 "low voltage" indoor/outdoor sets.

- Most of them dont state what voltage they are, so you'd have to ask the seller to have a look on the transfor for you, but most of the LEDs ones i was looking at at chrismass where 12v.

- Then, you could even get the seller to chop the transformer for you and save the postage!

but, as chris says, you could start me asking around and see if anyone you know could lend you them till you can buy some next chrismas!!

- you could get a 20lamp 240v and rewire it in parallel, but that would take a while!

Daniel

• 1 month later...

I know this is bring up an old topic, but i was in the local caravan showrooms (harringtons) and i saw three packs of 12v Fairy lights, pritty well make, long cable, with all the lights all wired parallell.

Linky - http://www.harringtons-caravans.co.uk/

Just though it might be helpfull if anyones goin to a fesaval or anything.

Daniel