Brunton Gearbox

Featured Posts

As we’re setting off for Brinklow soon ( the long way round) I really do need to attend to CYPRUS’s gearbox as it doesn’t seem to hold back with any efficiency 

now I do know that David put a really good crowther prop on so I presume it’s down to gearbox adjustment 

I have been told by a couple of reliable sources it’s just a matter of taking the control rod off the box and adjusting it forwards or backwards a quarter of a turn to see how it is 

has anyone actually done this or am I walking into a minefield 

Happy to get hands dirty BUT have never touched one of these boxes……all advice/ info gratefully appreciated 

Chris 

I've worked on and rebuilt a few of these boxes over the years Chris, once you get here (Brinklow) I can take a good look at it and make the necessary adjustments.

If you're not confident on making the bottom road trip without first looking at the box I can probably get over to the Cyprus, tail end of next week if that's any help?