Garden side mooring

nealeST

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, David Mack said:

But don't those issues arise equally when dredging from the water? A floating dredger is only an excavator mounted on a workboat.

But if a CRT commissioned contractor is doing it from the water then they are liable for any damage rather than the homeowner who will be required to provide redress to put it back as was.

I suspect that CRT insist on heir contractors doing it because (in theory at least) they will expect an approved contractor to be aware of the above. Somebody brought in by a home owner may not be and (rightly or wrongly) CRT wont be happy with that arrangement. Or rather I bet that is what they would say if somebody asked if they could arrange dredging themselves.

Edited by MJG

6 minutes ago, David Mack said:

But don't those issues arise equally when dredging from the water? A floating dredger is only an excavator mounted on a workboat.

Yes, but people working from a boat are hopefully experienced and know ehat they are doing, whilst anybody can have a go from the land.

I do suspect that some contractors/sub contractors are not much good but thats a whole new subject.