Part ID for lister JP2

NarrowboatReliance

Featured Posts

Hello all, I want to replace these bleeders on what I think is my fuel pump (see photos attached). Can anyone help me to identify what they'd be called, or the part number, or even better can point me towards where I could buy them?IMG_20230901_1146008832.thumb.jpg.e19b0e75ea7ab9da656a3814a35d1869.jpg

I've rounded the flat edges using metric spanners, so I'll make sure I'm the future to only use whitworth spanners for this job

Injector pump bleed screws, but dealing with engines of that age, there is no guarantee that thread has not been changed in the past. It is just a very short, ordinary set screw with a copper washer under the head. Once you tike one out and find out what thread it is then you could buy a set screw and nut (nut to help cutting it to length) and make your own. You could even put a hacksaw cut up obe side or file a small flat on one side f the thread wo aid bleeding without taking the thing right out of the pump. I suspect it will be a Whitworth thread, but as I understand it may have been a German design forfeited during the war it just might be some metric thread.

I know we have other member who know those pumps, so hopefully they will pop along and tell you what the thread should be, but please check that your pump has not been doctored.

Further thoughts pending definitive info.

The thread may e UNC, but at that size i think UNC and Whit are as good as interchangeable for low stress jobs like this.

If you get a new screw and the face on the pump is nice and true, I think would try to use a Dowty washer as the seal, rather than copper that will work harden over time.