Steam 'Duker' Tug

Liam

Featured Posts

I wasn't exactly sure which section to post but decided this one's as good as any. I received the below email earlier today, and I'm wondering whether anybody has any information which I can pass on?

I am assisting the Ellesmere Port Boat

Museum into finding out the History of some of the boats in their collection, many of which worked on the Bridgewater Canal.

I am particularly interested in Steam 'Duker' Tug Manchester built 1874 and sold by manchester Ship Canal Co. in 1949. It was converted into a houseboat at sometime after 1949 and I understand moored on Bridgewater canal for many years until sunk in Billinge Green Flash at sometime before 1963. Any information, or photos would be of great help.

In addition when the Bridgewater canal Co had the Marina at Preston Brook there was a model of duker tug Walton (known to be there in 1982 and offered to your federation for the 200 year celebrations Runcorn Preston Brook) I am looking for current existence of that model and any others that were at Preston Brook.

Best regards,

Terry Waldron

(mobile number edited out).