Winkwell Swing Bridge - Navigation Closed

Eldog

Featured Posts

I see CRT have closed the navigation since Thursday until further notice.  Is anyone in the area with any info.  There's nothing useful on the CRT website.  I'm on the Thames near Teddington and planning to join the GU at Brentford but need to decide whether to turn around and go back up the Oxford. Ta

From what I have seen, this is I think a fairly long running issue, but, (and I could be wrong), I think it has not blocked navigation completely.  I think that when an engineer has been present they can probably override things and get boats through.  However i think I saw that the engineers have to travel a long way, (somewhere like  Nottingham possibly, but that's just a stab at what I think I saw).

if you are coming from Teddington, I suspect it will be back in action before then. 

That assumes it doesn't break again, of course!

Edited to add:

Looking at the stoppage notice it was declared fixed, with the canal open, yesterday 9/6/23......

.... only to be declared broken again the same day.
So, presumably, some boats made ot through as recently as yesterday.....

Edited by alan_fincher