Recommendations for marine electrician (in Nottingham area)

Featured Posts

I recently bought a narrowboat (a few months back), was initially moving it back to Nottingham and now living aboard (CC). The power set-up is currently quite limited. No solar panels at present. I have fairly limited power requirements, mainly the 12v fridge, lights etc.

I would like to find a marine electrician to review my current set-up and do an upgrade to include solar panels and related requirements, so that this can reduce use of engine/generator and also give me more ability to monitor the batteries.

I don't currently know where to start in finding a good/reliable electrician. I wondered if anyone on here has used someone in the Nottingham area that they'd recommend? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Niki

50 minutes ago, Niki Russell said:

I have fairly limited power requirements, mainly the 12v fridge, lights etc.

The fridge is probably around half your total electricity use, so if power is in short supply consider turning the fridge off at night, or simply storing perishables in a cool location during the winter months.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

The fridge is probably around half your total electricity use, so if power is in short supply consider turning the fridge off at night, or simply storing perishables in a cool location during the winter months.

Yes you're right, I think more that 50% right now! Yup can turn it off as required, but would still like to improve how the the batteries are being charged compared to how it works at present.