Ulead PhotoImpact

moggyjo

Featured Posts

Help PLEASE my photos have in the details saying in the type box they are, Ulead PhotoImpact and not .jpg as I thought does anyone know how I can change them to .jpg, so I can put a picture in a advertisment for a friend that is trying to sell their boat.

That's the Description of the file, not the type. (ie: the program it's associated with by default)

To check that the ending is a .jpg / .jpeg then in Windows Explorer go to the Tools menu, then Folder Options.

Then click on the View tab.

You'll then see a long list of options - scroll down until you find "Hide extensions for known file types" and UNTICK that option.

Click "OK"

In Detail view you'll now see each photos extension such as "xxxxxx.jpg"

Hope that helps.

That's the Description of the file, not the type. (ie: the program it's associated with by default)

To check that the ending is a .jpg / .jpeg then in Windows Explorer go to the Tools menu, then Folder Options.

Then click on the View tab.

You'll then see a long list of options - scroll down until you find "Hide extensions for known file types" and UNTICK that option.

Click "OK"

In Detail view you'll now see each photos extension such as "xxxxxx.jpg"

Hope that helps.

Thanks Chris I just did as you said and as I thought my pic's are all .jpg, so went back to apollo duck tried again and still got a failed to download message saying "wrong format it must be .jpg" :rolleyes: any ideas what I can do now, its driving me round the twist, Wendy

Thanks Chris I just did as you said and as I thought my pic's are all .jpg, so went back to apollo duck tried again and still got a failed to download message saying "wrong format it must be .jpg" :rolleyes: any ideas what I can do now, its driving me round the twist, Wendy

Probably the best thing to do would be to email Apollo's tech-support (I assume there is one?) along with the file and ask them what the problem is.

In the meantime, try to ensure that the file isn't too large. If it's direct from the camera, go into Ulead (or which ever program you like) and re-size it down to, say, 640x480 and try again with the smaller file.

Good luck!

If you go into mycomputer and navigate to the picture can you actually view it on yr computer without opening the programme in which you created it?