I think??? I've found Wud.

Supermalc

Featured Posts

On Google Earth.

She's at Bottom Lock on the Kyme/Slea

Take a look and see what you think. I've had a careful look along the Witham, and thought the pics were of August bank holiday 2005. This was because of the look of the fields, and the number of moving boats around, plus the weed in the river. I now think it was a weekend in May, probably a bank holiday, and I decided to take a last trip up before the weed became too bad.

Thinking back, I can remember coming through a lot of weed to get into the lock on one occasion.

I don't know if I see it in any more or less detail than others, but the boat at the mooring does look Wud shaped, although very indistinc. You can clearly see the path in the weed at my mooring at Bardney. And there is a tiny black dot on the island near the guillotine. Could this be Barney, and Could that be me on the gate beam. I usually turn around and moor with the bow pointing downstream, but not always. I've also just remembered I spent ages on one occasion shutting the gates and then opening the guillotine to get the weed into the lock, hence why I'm shutting the gate without the boat in.

Must have a read of my pages to see if I can refresh my memory some more :lol:

This may help you find the place. Search for 'Bardney Lock' and it will take you there, but search for 'Dogdyke' and Chapel Hill should be marked on the south side (bottom) of the map. Follow the river upstream and there is a tight bend about half way from the Witham to the lock.

Edited by Supermalc

It wasn't August Sam, as that was my first trip to Nottingham. If you look at Southrey the gates are across the slip, the year before Roy rented it, and so we could't use it.

I was thinking it was too early for so much weed, but now I seem to remember there was a lot fairly early on in the year, which is why I decided to go while I could. Also I thought the fields were after harvest, but it's before the crops have grown.