waste disposal unit

matrix

Featured Posts

just had our first week down the GU on a hire boat

trying to sort out the good ideas from the bad for our boat!!

anyway the one thing that we did mis from home

was a waste disposal unit in the kitchen sink ( yes i know were strange )

but apart from the power and physical size of the thing

would it be wrong to have one fitted and be dumping all the food waste overboard ???

don't know what the ethics of this would be??

cheers

anyway the one thing that we did miss from home was a waste disposal unit in the kitchen sink ( yes i know were strange )

Nothing strange about that.

Just for a change, Cugsey actually has a point.

When out boating, veg peelings (which would be composted or go down the waste disposal at home) tend to get bagged and binned, but food scraps go out the window.

It's not so much the mulcher underneath, but the thing we missed on a hirer was the small middle sink.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't fit a waste disposal on a boat, but I can't really see the point.

or you could just scrape the left overs from you meal using a fork, off your plate, via a hatch, into the canal

When i saw the title, that was my first thought.

We have a waste disposal unit at home (have had all my life) but when its only going to the cut anyway, why not save the huge hassle of the electrical requirments of a massive motor starting up, and just skip the middle man!

- Scrap either go over the side for the ducks etc, or else in to the hedge for the birds etc. Depending on what it is and whats about.

Daniel

Re: food waste disposal, I have just bought a small wormery to keep on the cratch. Should be large enough for all my peelings, leftovers and the like, and make me feel all green and glowy inside. Also worms are just cool.

Was less than £40 including P&P, which is probably less than you'd pay for a waste disposal thing down the sink. More than you'd pay to just put everything over the side though, this is true. If you search on google you will find a bunh of different ones.

Meg