My Offer was accepted.

grahoom

Featured Posts

do tell?

I got myself a Liverpool sailaway and started it. Now can't finish it coz I've had a baby. I can live in it quite comfortably but there are lots of little finishing bits that need doing and I don't think I will ever get round to it and the poor little mite will grow up in notonly a mouldy tube, but an unfinished one.

I think I am being a little defeatest. I probably can finish it. Just seems like too much at the mo with winter as well. Is more tempting to swap it for something smaller, older but complete.

I got myself a Liverpool sailaway and started it. Now can't finish it coz I've had a baby. I can live in it quite comfortably but there are lots of little finishing bits that need doing and I don't think I will ever get round to it and the poor little mite will grow up in notonly a mouldy tube, but an unfinished one.

I think I am being a little defeatest. I probably can finish it. Just seems like too much at the mo with winter as well. Is more tempting to swap it for something smaller, older but complete.

I have a friend looking for a project but probably something much cheaper than an enhanced sailaway.

I anything ever finished? Now..... I am going to do that bedroom light today (well tomorrow anyway).

I think one of the things about winter is that because you're in the boat so much more you get to look at all those jobs all day. You'll soon forget about them again when the sun shines again.

I have a friend looking for a project but probably something much cheaper than an enhanced sailaway.

I anything ever finished? Now..... I am going to do that bedroom light today (well tomorrow anyway).

I think one of the things about winter is that because you're in the boat so much more you get to look at all those jobs all day. You'll soon forget about them again when the sun shines again.

Mmm. Things do get put off and at the mo baby demands take priority. Hopefully they will start to get less and I'll get the odd 5 mins! :o

It's all good fun and I like learning how to fix/make stuff. I have been told several times that under no circumstanses should I go anywhere near electrics, which is one of the slightly unfinished jobs. This makes winter very tricky with dark evenings etc. Currently having to run engin for 2hrs a day just to have enough battery juice to run conventional house hold lamp.

im a girl. 12v/240v is like discovering a new solar system in my head. And I've lived on boats for a few years now. read books, asked experts to try to explain. Think God missed me out when he was sharing out electrical understanding. ;)

(sympathy, sympathy)

I love my boat, and you are right I just get frustrated coz I'm so nearly there, but still so far!

You don't wana swap then? B)

Was it a good sob story

Mmm. Things do get put off and at the mo baby demands take priority. Hopefully they will start to get less and I'll get the odd 5 mins! :o

It's all good fun and I like learning how to fix/make stuff. I have been told several times that under no circumstanses should I go anywhere near electrics, which is one of the slightly unfinished jobs. This makes winter very tricky with dark evenings etc. Currently having to run engin for 2hrs a day just to have enough battery juice to run conventional house hold lamp.

im a girl. 12v/240v is like discovering a new solar system in my head. And I've lived on boats for a few years now. read books, asked experts to try to explain. Think God missed me out when he was sharing out electrical understanding. ;)

(sympathy, sympathy)

I love my boat, and you are right I just get frustrated coz I'm so nearly there, but still so far!

You don't wana swap then? B)

Was it a good sob story

My tears flow plentiful for you, dearheart.

I'd happily swop one of my boats for yours but you wouldn't like her. I am building a new one and the sheer quantity of the things i don't know is boggling. The more difficult part of that is knowing what i can learn to do and what i will have to get help with. We all have our strengths and building any kind of home will tax all parts of our skills, I am sure that the things you do well go into making your home lovely.

This forum can be a bit daunting on the electrical side because it's difficult to explain electrical problems in words if you're not electrically skilled and the answers very quickly escalate into the esoteric.

Winter = dark. Hurricane lamps are good and cheap to run, ditto LEDs - i have a thing called an LED lighthouse which is portable, has loads of light, is 12V rechargeable and only cost a tenner.

and equinox is only 9 weeks away.

My tears flow plentiful for you, dearheart.

I'd happily swop one of my boats for yours but you wouldn't like her. I am building a new one and the sheer quantity of the things i don't know is boggling. The more difficult part of that is knowing what i can learn to do and what i will have to get help with. We all have our strengths and building any kind of home will tax all parts of our skills, I am sure that the things you do well go into making your home lovely.

This forum can be a bit daunting on the electrical side because it's difficult to explain electrical problems in words if you're not electrically skilled and the answers very quickly escalate into the esoteric.

Winter = dark. Hurricane lamps are good and cheap to run, ditto LEDs - i have a thing called an LED lighthouse which is portable, has loads of light, is 12V rechargeable and only cost a tenner.

and equinox is only 9 weeks away.

got a couple of hurricane lamps actually. rescued the poor little bu**ers from a skip. I do like those. I am aware that the getting lighting sorted saga will get further down the Urgent list as it gets lighter. vicious bloomin cycle. I like the idea of these windy up lamps. How good are they? I have a torch with such technology. Its got a phone charger on it too. Does any1 have 1 of those big 1s?

More seriously, well done you for bringing up a baby on a boat, can't be easy (master of the understatement here). More power to you.

The more generations brought up on the boats the better, continuity has always been the thing that has kept the canals alive through their manifestations over the centuries.

More seriously, well done you for bringing up a baby on a boat, can't be easy (master of the understatement here). More power to you.

The more generations brought up on the boats the better, continuity has always been the thing that has kept the canals alive through their manifestations over the centuries.

Thank-you :o

beaming with pride.

There are worries but am hoping she grows up learning a few values that seem to miss some of r kiddies these days. As brought up on another thread, there is the worry she will eventually resent the non-'stuff' existance. But people have already commented on how placid she is.

Sounds like a reasonable boat that has blatant problems to fix, rather than hidden agendas. Just pull out. At least you both have an independent price to go on. It do'nt sound like they'll be fixing it, and after a few more viewings the batteries will be flat. Did it have a punt pole with it? If not , I'd stay well away, then ring in a couple of months incase they need bailing out!