help needed please

Mrs Panda

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone,

Our boat has been left at leighton Buzzard and we need to bring her back home to Uxbridge, possibly in two weekends. I have looked in the Nicholsons and think I have worked out we can get from Leighton to Winkwell in 2 days. Mooring up between lock 60 and the Winkwell swing bridge.

What I need help with is this;

can anyone tell me if this small stretch has 14 day mooring? If I remember correctly it does have rings.

Is there anywhere we can leave a car at Winkwell for the 2 days in a safe area or place?

Or, I am open to any other ideas, to where to stop etc.

Any information would be great.

Mrs P

Edited by Mrs Panda

Its 48hr above the swingbridge, at least thats what the sign said when i went past a few days back (used to ae 14d i think) but below the next lock is okay but no rings. Big car park up near the railway, for the pub but its big and not directly connected to the pub.

Mooring up between lock 60 and the Winkwell swing bridge.

can anyone tell me if this small stretch has 14 day mooring? If I remember correctly it does have rings.

Is there anywhere we can leave a car at Winkwell for the 2 days in a safe area or place?

Hi, we left our boat on the towpath by bridge 146 for a couple of weeks whilst we had to go home to work. There is a pull in just south of the bridge and access to the towpath. Not brilliant and no rings but it was safe enough. Just a word of warning about that section, the level of water in the pound seems to go up and down quite a lot and we were grounded several times. We have left our car a couple of times in Tesco car parks between Batchworth and Milton Keynes and that seemed to work OK too. We always shop and ask first.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the link Jollyroger but I already use it. Great site, very usefull. But they don't give length of moorings and carparks etc.

Have been in the three horseshoes many times and agree that it's a good pub. Yes I was thinking of phoning the boat yard up, we have been to them a couple of times for various things with the boat. thanks for your post Chris J W.

Thanks for your info Magnet man. Saw you at Napton but did not realise who you were. If I see you again I'll say hello.

Liz - how do you get from Tesco carpark to the canal? may be a silly question but I don't know how far it would be.

Thanks again.

Mrs P

Hi Everyone,

Our boat has been left at leighton Buzzard and we need to bring her back home to Uxbridge, possibly in two weekends. I have looked in the Nicholsons and think I have worked out we can get from Leighton to Winkwell in 2 days. Mooring up between lock 60 and the Winkwell swing bridge.

What I need help with is this;

Any information would be great.

Mrs P

How about mooring between lock 59 and the bridge above, If you ask i'm sure the very nice man on the barge opposite will keep an eye on her for you....

There are a couple of boats moored on the stretch of piling below Fisheries Lock this week, which is very handy for Hemel station, to get to Leighton, and the old A41 for busses back if you don't get that far.

It seems to be very busy down at Apsley at the moment. I assume people have positioned themselves for the winter.

Simon.