Etiquette on the cut

Jo and Paul

Featured Posts

Steveh

You must have passed us then as we were heading south to Worcester before going on up to Stourport . It must have been interesting all that lot getting through the log jam of boats at  Hanbury Wharf  with all those New Boat Company shells everywhere . We met one about half way past the moorings which as it had no engine was being punted back to the yard which made life interesting for a bit .

Perhaps we ought to have Forum Stickers on the boat so we can recognise kindred spirits as we pass by - come to think of it would anyone be interested in a Forum Boat Rally/Meet at some central canalside hostelry ?

Or maybe a secret wave!

I did speak to a guy several times and ask if he visited the forum. Didn't ask his name though. DOH!

Edited by steveh

Perhaps we ought to have Forum Stickers on the boat so we can recognise kindred spirits as we pass by - come to think of it would anyone be interested in a Forum Boat Rally/Meet at some central canalside hostelry ?

Like this

canalworld-a5.jpg

(which is an A5 sized addaptaion of the large "poster" jon made

Daniel

I did wonder where this thread was going with the connection to President and Kildare. A few years ago there where a lot of very angry people writing in the waterways press, the boats at that time were being run by a macho, aggressive mob, who proclaimed to all that as working boats and a steamer at that they had automatic preference at locks and moorings.

They travelled to rallies and gatherings jumping locks and generally making a nuisance of themselves. Haven't heard anything lately.

John

I had the pleasure of meeting the/a crew on President last summer, at the Black Country Museum. Far from being macho, the guys I met would have been more at home at my village's church fete. They were just friendly and very pleasant.

Peter

I did wonder where this thread was going with the connection to President and Kildare.  A few years ago there where a lot of very angry people writing in the waterways press, the boats at that time were being run by a macho, aggressive mob, who proclaimed to all that as working boats and a steamer at that they had automatic preference at locks and moorings.

They travelled to rallies and gatherings jumping locks and generally making a nuisance of themselves.  Haven't heard anything lately.

They seem to behave themselves these days - and anyway my lot outnumber them 11 - 2 and we attend many of the same events so will know if they start to step out of line again.