Aqua v Aqualine

SCL

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Dr Bob said:

It has happened on a limited number of boats manufactured 2-4years ago. It is not blistering. The boat parked two down from me in our marina has the issue. I cannot discuss it openly here as there are a handfull of Aqualine owners affected- but only a handfull ...

It's a very large hand.

I know of one widebeam and 2 narrowboats locally, all have had problems. Complete repaint of cabin sides in 2 cases, and total repaint the other one.

Our very local one had to push and push for the eventual repaint, done over 7 days in the end with a team from Poland working very long hours. It also had major issues with the underwater protection, nil left after 18 months, with lots of galvanic corrosion already happening.

However, the boats are exceptionally well put together inside, electrics very tidy*(although the use of 240v breakers for 12v use isnt ideal). The steelworks is good, and yes, a second hand one will have sold yesterday if put on the market tommorow!!

41 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I haven't really looked at boat prices for about 15 years but I'm astonished at the prices people are paying these days!

These better be top drawer narrowboats at those prices.

Yes. Aqua are more. Assume as uk made which I’d prefer to support if poss but depends on timing/amount of differential 

42 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

They will have a boat to look around up at Hanbury. Not sure if they have any down in Maidenhead?

I can’t get to anyone there at moment. Will try Noel...