Guaging Sheets GUCC Co.

zenataomm

Featured Posts

Hi All ….. I’m sending this offer out to all of the canal forums I know, plus the HNBOC (as I am an ex member)

Do you own RIGAL or MARCELLUS?

About 25 years ago the new tenant of the lock keeper’s cottage at Cowley Peachey told me that whilst clearing out some cupboards he’d come across a stack of GUCC Co gauging sheets.

He took a bit of persuading but he lent me those for small Woolwich butties Rigal & Marcellus. I immediately jumped a taxi to Slough and had some photocopies made.

These sheets are dated June 1936 and November 1935 with alterations dated 1945 for Rigal and 1941 for Marcellus.

They list the original equipment supplied with each boat and the tonnage to dry inches for gauging.

I know both boats are still around (as 4 different boats I believe).

If the respective owners would like to contact me through this forum, I’d be happy to hear from them.

These are photocopies, but with today’s clever packages it would be a moment’s work to scan them and clean them up.

I’ve been keeping these sheets carefully since then, it’s time they went home.

Jeremy

I know both boats are still around (as 4 different boats I believe).

Marcellus survives in two boats, the stern end being part of a c. 40ft boat named Marcel. Rigal I last saw last month at Wheaton Aston, is virtually all of the original boat with exception of the stern from the rear swim. I've never knowingly seen the remaining bit so would be glad of information on its current situation.

Hi All ….. I’m sending this offer out to all of the canal forums I know, plus the HNBOC (as I am an ex member)

Do you own RIGAL or MARCELLUS?

Jeremy

We docked Marcellus recently. I shall ask the owner Chris Lee to contact you.

Edited by bargeeboy

• 8 years later...

Hello,

I know this is a very old post, but I now own Rigal.

I was hoping that you still have the guaging sheets and any other information on Rigal?

Hopefully you can conact me through here.

Nicola