canaline 42

MRBear

Featured Posts

hi guys

Yet again I am seeking to tap into your wealth of knowledge

I have a canaline 42 and I am just about to do my 1st engine service (50hrs) and unsure about the engine oil dip stick, it has 2 semi circle cut outs , 1 just about the bottom of the stick, then another about 1.5 inches up, then it has a notch about another 1.5 inches above that. my question is, are all 3 markers on the dipstick oil level indicators? also, when filling or topping up the oil do I aim for the top notch or the 2nd semi circle?. I'm worried about over filling the oil

6 minutes ago, MRBear said:

wow, that was quick, thanks so much Tracy, x, what is the middle notch? is that optimum?

Generally you'd like to keep it at the top level,or close to....

Have fun with the service, great you're doing it yourself... good training!

Edited by robtheplod

9 minutes ago, MRBear said:

I know I'm being thick, so to clarify in my mind, of the 3 notches on the dipstick, I pretty much ignore the middle notch and aim for the 3rd?, the very top notch

I'm not familiar with the three notch ones, but yes, whichever shows the highest amount of oil should be the one you aim to keep it close to.....