Webasto installation query

Featured Posts

A few months ago I stripped out our Webasto C Type during the boat refit and  now I'm about to refit it. I've got the manual but, being a bit dim, am still unsure where the main feed and return cables go. Presumably the +ve is to the fusebox pictured; is it to the screw connector? And the -ve is to the stud which has the brown cables grouped? The feed would come direct from the master switch side of the battery and the return to the end of a shunt on the -ve.

Finally, the box pictured contains the fuel pump and an in-line filter which looks rather different to other set-ups I've seen - is it an ok system?

IMG_2167.JPG.6d866e53d20d2c698e0d4804cc218a85.JPGIMG_2166.JPG.79ef3fde83ce7e2c292d0c4fe85256ce.JPG

Still looking for a bit of a steer on this. 

Also the manual talks about flared pipe ends for joints but the connections to/from that metal box are conventional brass & olives as is the one on the heater. 
Everything seemed to work so I guess I just leave well alone. 

52 minutes ago, starman said:

Still looking for a bit of a steer on this. 

Also the manual talks about flared pipe ends for joints but the connections to/from that metal box are conventional brass & olives as is the one on the heater. 
Everything seemed to work so I guess I just leave well alone. 

My Webasto unit is a lot newer, but has two red wires (a far one and a thin one, both fused) to go direct to the battery.  From memory the browns are negative and there is another wire which when connected to positive tells the boiler to fire up.  This is from memory as boat is beyond my range.

This might help

https://www.butlertechnik.com/technical_library/thermo-top-c-d27

The ‘normal’ method of fitting uses a mix of copper tube (funny stuff as it’s about 5mm OD and 2mm ID) and rubber tube pushed onto the end fittings on the pump and boiler but also onto the copper pipe.  To reduce the chance of the rubber pipe coming off the copper pipe a flare is required.

added - in the photo you can see that inside the die cast box you have bits of rubber pipe and copper pipe joining the filter and pump together.

Edited by Chewbacka