Narrowboat Builders

Mike Hands

Featured Posts

That's good and shows you have confidence in what you do - and the fact you have been around for 22 years speaks volumes too. We had a boat fitted out by you on brokerage dating from 1996, and the joinery was superb. Every drawer and door still fitted perfectly, every cupboard shut sweetly. Nothing is a test of good workmanship like time. Fair play to you.

was that Mercy Burton No 29?

Well spotted! Nice boat.

I bet they did not lose a lot of money either after 11 years. A well built boat that is looked after can hold its money. We recently sold one of our Narrowcraft Classic's built in 1994 for the same money that we sold it when new. They only sold it to upgrade to a new Narrowcraft Classic.

Edited by bargeeboy

I bet they did not lose a lot of money either after 11 years. A well built boat that is looked after can hold its money. We recently sold one of our Narrowcraft Classic's built in 1994 for the same money that we sold it when new. They only sold it to upgrade to a new Narrowcraft Classic.

I would imagine in pound notes they got back at least what they paid for it. In real terms possibly even covered the original outlay given the way the market has performed. It was very well looked after - would you like me to email a copy of the brochure we produced when we sold it last year for your records? Never knew about the No 29 bit of the name though.

Personally my experience with the New Boat Co wasn't so good. I don't know if it was because my sailaway was delivered late in the year, but I got the ditinct impression they couldn't be arsed. All the extras I asked for, like skin fittings, chimney collar etc, were done at the very last minute and there were iron filings left everywhere. I was given assurances as to the state of the boat's lining that later proved to be patently false. In hindsight, I wish I dealt directly with Liverpool Boats. They have been nothing but helpful in endeavouring to put things right that were never really their fault.

I would imagine in pound notes they got back at least what they paid for it. In real terms possibly even covered the original outlay given the way the market has performed. It was very well looked after - would you like me to email a copy of the brochure we produced when we sold it last year for your records? Never knew about the No 29 bit of the name though.

Yes please. It was actually build no. 27. We used to build 4 a year in the 90's. and I knew them all. We started building again last year and are now building 4 a month so I struggle to keep up with the later build nos. I do however remember 88 as its a wide beam in build now. I have just started a blog on the build as there might be interest in comparing with Gary's wide boat build blog.

please e-mail sales@narrowboatsalesltd.co.uk.

Thanks I would be good to compare with our original build drawings.

Malcolm

From what i know about New Boat Company, Liverpool Boats make their boats for them (not Aqualine range), it would be far cheaper to go to Liverpool Boats direct as New Boat Co charge a lot more for the same boat. I have just ordered by second narrowboat from Liverpool Boats and have found their boats excellent value and really well made.

Hope this helps