Desperate times in Godmanchester.

rusty69

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But - that would cost more than several nights in a marina (which they were not prepared to pay).

They don't sound like a couple that are prepared to use a black bin bag and a bucket.

We used to moor next to them. I can't remember if they were there when the car park used to get covered after a lot of rainfall, but a few times we had to get in the dinghy to get to the car to go to work.On one occasion over winter, the water had risen enough for the boats ashore to lift off their legs.One of them floated across the car park, got stuck on our electric lead, and eventually pulled the bollard down. 

Those were the days my friend.

4 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Yes, I hope it hasn't:unsure: (especially as I'm a long way from being able to check on it at the moment).

Well, you need a webcam.Then you can sit in the comfort of your own home, and watch your boat, hoping your mooring lines are long enough.It has been a long hour for me, and will be again tomorrow morning.