History of the Boltonian

marybeth

Featured Posts

Guys, I am renovating the Boltonian, a project that is taking far longer than i had anticipated. Hopefully by spring 2020 we will be moved in , providing we get the work done before winter comes. 
Has anyone any information/ history on the Boltonian narrowboat, built in 1982 by D.Moore Boat Builders?

I want to dedicate something in my boat to show its history, i understand that it was used to take children on holiday but i am desperate to find out more.

Please help
Thanks

Mary C

Guys, I am renovating the Boltonian, a project that is taking far longer than i had anticipated. Hopefully by spring 2020 we will be moved in , providing we get the work done before winter comes. 
Has anyone any information/ history on the Boltonian narrowboat, built in 1982 by D.Moore Boat Builders?

I want to dedicate something in my boat to show its history, i understand that it was used to take children on holiday but i am desperate to find out more.

Please help
Thanks

Mary C

Doug Moore was a well known boatbuilder based on the L&L. He built under his own name and under a company but I can't remember what it was called. Canal PLan lists 50 boats as being built by D.Moore or Doug Moore. He was a well respected builder, his boats are generally known as banana boats as they have very few straight lines in them. Ange of this parish used to own one. You could try sending her a PM.

https://canalplan.org.uk/boats/boats.php

Good luck with the renovation.

• 3 weeks later...