Liveaboards Served Notice to Leave

Richard Lacy

Featured Posts

I wouldn't think HSE requirements would force this without the operator decides he can't meet the requirement and opts to cease trading. HSE regulations apply regardless of the site being residential or not if it is accessible by the public.

Gary

Edited by Gary Peacock

People are often trying it on using the excuse of health and safety regulations. You ask them, which regulations they are referring to, and which section covers what restrictions they are proposing. Usually they can't answer properly and you end up finding out they haven't actually got a leg to stand on. Don't let anyone mumble "health and safety reasons" at you without finding out the chapter and verse to make sure they aren't just pulling a fast one.

(I'm a health and safety manager... :D ... a nice one)

Health & safety is always banded around and it is needed for those to frighted or harrased to speak.

We all should take our own responsibility for our own and others health and safety.

Risk assessment is another one, if its risky don't do it. If you are told to do something risky ask the person, doing the telling, to show you how it should be done. If they will not then why should you.

Health & safety is always banded around and it is needed for those to frighted or harrased to speak.

We all should take our own responsibility for our own and others health and safety.

Risk assessment is another one, if its risky don't do it. If you are told to do something risky ask the person, doing the telling, to show you how it should be done. If they will not then why should you.

Absolutely. but nor should it be used as an excuse to tell people they can't do something they actually can do, just because you want to stop them (if you see what I mean). It's about enabling people to do things in the safest way possible.

Absolutely. but nor should it be used as an excuse to tell people they can't do something they actually can do, just because you want to stop them (if you see what I mean). It's about enabling people to do things in the safest way possible.

This was on Radio4 on Monday,the Author Phillip Pullman is involved defending the residents, against BW who want to redevelop the site, but reduce space by 75%. Can't remember all the whys and wherefores