Steps for Ikkly People

Sue

Featured Posts

I need some steps. I have seen them aboard various narrowboats. They are for Ikkly people like me! :lol:

You know, those steps that take you easily from the front well to the towpath.. ie a step up in the well over the top and a step down before stepping onto the towpath.

Our new narrowboat has a very high bow, and no locker to be able to step onto on one side. I have been searching on google but can't find anything.. does anyone have one of these 'sling it across' thingies? I guess that someone must make them?

Sue

I know that Ikea do some nice little "step" things (but damed if I can find a link) for the going Up. As for the going down ... an old Scaffold plank as a gang plank?

(If you've the space for a locker to be installed, though, you could kill two birds with one stone for the 'geting up' side)

Thanks Chris,

Actually I quite like one side of the front well without a locker.. there seems to be more room!

Ikea.. Umph, well they don't deliver. I don't 'do' won't deliver! :lol:

I have seen some narrowboats with this exact arrangement with a step either side of the gunnel on the front well. I do hope that someone who has one is a member.. other than that I don't mind if someone wants to make me one? :lol:

/me adds it to her wish list ;)

Hi Sue

Try this site www.Parrs.co.uk They may need blocks putting on to adjust to any height difference between Well and shore. Or type in step up folding adjustable ladders into Google

Cheers

Yarwell ( who knows it could work out) :(

As another idea.

I saw this on snape and taurus and have thought about doing simular for emilyanne, whos stern is also fairly high sided.

[[piccy snip]

Daniel

That's a neat idea. I've a few bits and peices to be fabricated for the boat, so that sort may well be on the shopping list, too.